The 7th Annual Mass Ave Criterium & Cycling Festival will be held on Saturday, August 2th, 2014. The MAC is one of Indy’s most exciting sporting events held in the beautiful and hip downtown Cultural District of Mass Avenue.
The MAC will start at noon, taking full advantage of the of all that is available on the Avenue for shoppers, foodies and partiers.
With 400+ racers, 5,000 cycling fans on Indy’s premier entertainment district this is an event not to miss.
Fees: Please come back as we get closer to the date to view 2014 fees. Visit Truesport to see fees for the 2013 MAC.
Race Highlights Include:
• $10,000 in prizes with $5000 cash/ $5,000 primes
• Pre-registration Contest: Top prize is a set of Zipp 404 Firecrest Wheels ($2,700 value)
• Neutral wheel support
• Trainers will be available for warmups by Fit Flex Fly (F3). Watch the action from the first turn while you warm up. Come back soon for more information about registration.
• Safe course: clean, smooth and new pavement. Completely secured course: 11 police officers. 150 course marshals and volunteers.
• Call-up for first 20 pre-registered in each category
• Podium ceremony for all categories in the European tradition. Great photo opportunity with podium girls, champagne and flowers.
• Expect a raucous crowd cheering you on as we extend the beer garden from the start/finish line to the first turn.
• IN/KY Series Event
Challenging, triangular, 2/3 mile course through the entertainment district on newly paved roads.
Festival Highlights Include:
• Product street vendors
• Contest for crowd for Mass Ave Merchant Food, Drink and Product
• Kids Races
• Junior Races
Dedicated parking for racers near course.
Held under USA Cycling permit. All USA Cycling rules apply. Free-lap rule is in effect. Lapped rider may be pulled at the official’s discretion. You must present a valid 2014 USA Cycling license to registration to enter any race. Only Category 5 men, Category 4 women and Citizens racers may purchase a one-day license for $10 at registration. Promoter reserves the right to shorten, modify, cancel or combine any race or prize list in the event of insufficient entries or bad weather. All winners must be present to receive prizes/awards. Helmets required. No refunds.